FUD, one of the most heard terms in the crypto world, is one of the terms that those who are interested in crypto for the first time often hear but do not know exactly what it is. For this reason, questions such as what is FUD and what does FUD mean are one of the most frequently asked questions about the term FUD.
In this content, we will try to illuminate the most curious subjects about the term FUD, especially what is FUD.
What is FUD?
FUD; It is the name given to the events that spread in the crypto world and cause fear, anxiety and indecision.
FUD, short for Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt in English, is a common term in the crypto world, so everyone wonders what it means.
As can be understood from these explanations, FUD; It is a term used for situations such as fear, indecision and anxiety experienced in the face of a situation in the crypto world.
Although the term FUD is actually a term used not only in the crypto world, but in almost every field, just like FOMO, it has become a popular term with its use more frequently in the crypto world and everyone’s hearing.
What Does FUD Do?
FUD is a technique used by individuals and institutions who want to spread completely unfounded rumors and news or to create fear in the markets.
Sometimes, if a move towards a crypto currency or stock market is planned, or if investors want to make a move in the opposite direction, unfounded rumors begin to spread in the channels where investors spend the most time.
These rumors can sometimes be news and sometimes a sensation. Unconscious investors and investors who do not know what FUD is, panic in the face of these news, rumors and sensations and take the action desired by the person or institutions making FUD.
FUD works exactly at this point and provides an advantage to individuals or institutions who want to create FUD psychology.
How is FUD Made?
If you have spent a lot of time on social media or the internet related to the crypto industry, you may have been exposed to FUD attempts many times and not realized. Well, have you ever wondered how an FUD attempt takes place or is carried out?
Let’s give an example right away; Let’s say you own a serious amount of crypto assets and you want to make a serious profit from this asset. You also have a social media channel or website that appeals to a serious audience.
If you have these two possibilities, you will spread a news or sensation that will have a FUD effect on people for your crypto asset. The FUD study to be done will be news that the related crypto asset will show a serious rise, and people who see this immediately start to buy it by investing in that crypto asset.
As people start to buy this crypto asset, the price of the crypto asset naturally rises. In other words, the asset value in the hands of the person who spreads the FUD starts to increase. When this rise reaches a certain point, the person who spreads the FUD sells the amount in his hand and makes a profit. That’s where a FUD success is achieved and what happens is to investors who are exposed to FUD.
How to Understand and Protect FUD
If you are exposed to an FUD study, you may not immediately realize that it has an FUD effect. Because what will come to your mind immediately is not that it is FUD, but that your investments are at risk or an investment opportunity is missed. This is the reason why FUD studies are effective.
If you do not want to be under the influence and psychology of FUD, but do not know what to do, here are some of the things you should pay attention to:
- Follow only reliable and transparent news sites, social media accounts and internet channels. There is no rule that says every channel with an audience is reliable.
- Not every news you read or every sensation you see is 100% true. For this reason, if you come across any news or sensation, make sure to research it from other sources.
- If you do not know how to do fundamental analysis or technical analysis, you will definitely follow sites or channels that share analysis. Do not trust and question every analysis made in the same way.
- Although social media accounts with a very large audience draw a reliable profile, the face of money is hot and sometimes they can not refuse a nice offer made to them and may unwittingly become an intermediary for a FUD study. That’s why it’s good to be careful.
- Remember that FUD work can take many forms. It can be for raising or lowering the price of a crypto asset, but also for raising or lowering volume on a crypto exchange.
- Don’t be fooled by every rise or fall news. You must have seen that PUMP and DUMP groups are quite a lot in the crypto world. Stay away from these situations and groups.
The points to be considered above are generally life-saving advice, but the fraud, fraud, etc. in question. methods can be multiplied continuously. For this reason, we recommend that you take the precaution in any situation that does not make sense to you.