While the projects in the crypto world are endless, the most talked about project of recent times has been STEPN (GMT), which is the addressee of the questions what is STEPN Coin, what is GMT Coin or what is GST Coin.
In the crypto world, where different and unique projects are always one step ahead, let’s examine what STEPN (GMT) is.
What is STEPN?
STEPN; It is a Web 3.0 lifestyle project and game that allows you to earn money by walking and running, offering the experience of playing games with the advantage of making money and socializing.
In STEPN, launched on the Solana network, players can earn by choosing and purchasing a sneaker shoe model special for them, and then choosing this shoe, walking and running.
STEPN, which has adopted the move2earn movement, which we can call take action to win, not only makes money, but also encourages taking action for a healthier life.
All in-game items are NFT-based in the STEPN project, whose mission is to connect millions of people to the Web3 while inspiring a healthier lifestyle and to combat climate change.
Although it is not active in the game at the moment, one of the biggest advantages it will offer in the future is that anyone can play with the rental method without the need to buy any NFT elements, namely sneaker shoes, in the game. Another advantage is that there is no obligation to connect a crypto wallet to the account before the earnings are provided, because the application provides the opportunity to create a Solana or Binance Smart Chain-based wallet within itself.
How to Play STEPN?
After downloading the game, you will be prompted to make a registration. In this registration process, after you enter your e-mail address and then the code sent to your e-mail address, you will see the activation code screen, which must be entered only once. If you have an activation code and after entering this code, your account will be created.
When the membership phase is completed, that is, after the activation code, the application will ask you to choose either Solana or Binance Smart Chain. The reason for making this choice is to enable you to receive and withdraw your earnings via SOL or BNB. You can choose the one you want as there are no advantages or disadvantages between the two networks. Mostly everyone uses the application on the Solana network.
After network selection the app will give you some instructions with game tips and it is ready to use. First, you will need to create a wallet by clicking the menu at the top right and switching to the Wallet tab. You will be asked to share the 12-word security code of the wallet you will create in the network you have chosen, to take notes, and to enter these codes in order on the next screen. You must write these words in a safe place. You will also be asked for a 6-digit password to enter the wallet. You must make a password that you will not forget.
After creating the wallet, you need to click on the shopping cart button in the lower right corner of the application and go to the marketplace to buy a sneaker. Sneaker models are divided into the following 4 categories according to their type:
- Walker: They are models that you can walk normally at a speed of 1-6 km / h.
- Jogger: They are models that you can do brisk walking at a speed of 4-12 km / h.
- Runner: They are models that you can jog at a speed of 8-20 km / h.
- Trainer: They are models that you can walk and run at a speed of 1-20 km / h.
The categories above are categories according to the purpose of the movement, and they are also divided into the following 5 categories in terms of quality:
- Common: The standard in practice is the cheapest and least profitable sneaker models.
- Uncommon: They are sneaker models that are more special, a little more expensive and a little more profitable than the common models.
- Rare: They are sneaker models that are rare and therefore have more prices and earn more.
- Epic: They are sneaker models that are rarer than the previous category and have high price and income.
- Legendary: They are the rarest, highest priced and most profitable sneaker models of the application.
Apart from this categorization, each shoe has 4 features as Efficiency, Luck, Comfort and Resilience, and each feature has a score. The higher these scores, the higher the profit to be made from the shoes.
Each sneaker model can be upgraded from level 0 to level 30. After each upgrade, 4 points are given to the shoe and these points are asked to be distributed to the 4 features above. The healthiest way to make this distribution would be to go to the stepn.guide website, specify the features, type, quality and level of the shoes you want to increase, and click the Optimize button to do it according to the data obtained.
Finally, the shoes have a mint feature. With the mint feature of STEPN, a third shoe can be produced by combining two shoes and paying a certain price. For this reason, a restriction has been placed on this process and each shoe can be minted up to 7 times.
In the light of all this information, you can choose a sneaker model in line with your budget from the marketplace section of STEPN and start earning. According to the information given by the application developers, towards the end of 2022, the shoe rental process will also be activated in the application.
Here’s what you need to know about walking, running and earning in practice:
- You will have 2 energy per day for a single sneaker in the game. This energy is given 4 times a day, every 6 hours, in 0.5 slices. If you increase the number of sneakers to 3 or more, your daily energy will also increase.
- You earn GST Tokens every time you walk or jog. Those who own shoes can also earn GMT Tokens, but the sneaker level must be 30 for this.
- Each sneaker has a 100% durability level and this rate decreases after each walk. With some of the GST Tokens earned it needs to be upgraded.
- Walks and runs must be done outdoors and with GPS turned on. Otherwise, the gain may not be made or it may remain at a very low level.
- Earned GST Tokens can be withdrawn to the wallet as long as 10 GST and transferred from there to any desired destination.
- Although there is no complete information about the rental system to be opened in the future, according to the available information, users who rent receive 30% of the earnings themselves and 70% remain with the sneaker owner. Sneaker’s rate business is the owner’s responsibility.
What is GMT Token?
GMT Token, which is more curious about what is GMT Coin, is the native token of the STEPN project.
The maximum supply of GMT Token, which stands for Green Metaverse Token and emphasizes that it is a metaverse project by forming the abbreviation of these words, is limited to 6,000,000,000 (6 Billion), and the supply distribution is as follows:
- 30% to player earnings,
- 30% to the ecosystem,
- 16.3% to private sales,
- 7% to pre-sales on Binance,
- 2.5% to consultants and
- 14.2% to the founding team.
With a circulating supply of 600,000 GMT Tokens, the total supply is set to be burned in purchases and exchanges made in the STEPN game. GMT Token is considered more like a non-application investment tool.
How and Where to Buy GMT Token?
Let’s answer the question of how and where to buy GMT Token, which is mostly asked about how and where to buy GMT Coin. If you ask where to buy GMT Token, the best answer will be Gate.io Exchange. For the answer to the question of how to buy GMT Tokens, you can follow the steps below to buy GMT Tokens on Gate.io Exchange:
- Login to your Gate.io Exchange account. If you do not have an account on the Gate.io Exchange, click here to create one.
- Transfer the amount of GMT Token you want to buy after logging into your account. You can use the Tron (TRX) cryptocurrency because of its affordable transfer fees.
- After your transfer reaches your Gate.io account, go to the Markets page and type GMT in the search section and select the GMT/USDT parity.
- On the page that opens, determine the amount you want to buy and click the Buy GMT button to complete the purchase.
If you are looking for a detailed guide on the use of Gate.io Exchange, you can review our article titled Gate.io Exchange and Detailed User Guide.
What is GST Token?
GST Token is the secondary token designed for use in the STEPN application.
GST Token, which has an unlimited maximum supply and stands for Green Satoshi Token, is a utility token designed for in-game use. GST Token, which has much more use in the game compared to GMT Token, has a much higher burn thanks to this.
Gains as you walk and run in the game are determined in GST Token. In addition, many operations such as sneaker repairs and level upgrades are also done via GST Token.
How and Where to Buy GST Token?
Let’s immediately answer the question of how and where to buy GST Token, which is mostly asked about how to buy GST Coin and where to buy it. If you ask where to buy GST Token, the best answer will be MEXC Exchange. If you are wondering how to buy GST Tokens, you can follow the steps below to buy GST Tokens on the MEXC Exchange:
- Login to your MEXC Exchange account. If you do not have an account on the MEXC Exchange, click here to create your account.
- If you do not have money in your account, transfer money from another exchange where you have money or to a Turkish exchange, then transfer it to your wallet on the MEXC exchange. You can prefer Tron (TRX) cryptocurrency for transfers due to cheap transfer fees.
- After your transfer is done, convert your money to Tether (USDT) cryptocurrency.
- Go to the Markets page and search for GST on the page that opens and select the GST/USDT parity.
- After determining the amount and amount you want to buy, click the Buy GST button to complete the purchase.
If you need help and information on the detailed use of MEXC Exchange, you can read our content titled MEXC Exchange and Detailed User Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions About STEPN, GMT Token and GST Token
In this section, we will try to provide answers to the most frequently asked questions about STEPN, GMT Token and GST Token. This section will be updated regularly.
What is GMT Coin?
GMT Coin is actually the user-generated name of the GMT Token, but it is incorrect. Because GMT Token is a token unit on the Solana blockchain.
Likewise, the term GST Coin is also an incorrect term and its correct usage should be GST Token.
On Which Exchanges Is GMT Coin Available?
GMT Coin is included in a few more global exchanges, especially Gate.io, but the most suitable option for purchasing will be the Gate.io Exchange.
On Which Exchanges Is GST Coin Available?
GST Coin is included in a few other crypto exchanges, especially MEXC, but we can say that the best option for purchasing is MEXC Exchange.
Is GMT Coin a Future Cryptocurrency?
It is possible to talk positively about the future of GMT Coin, if we take into account the upward momentum it has achieved in a short time and the STEPN application has not yet been fully released.
What is STEPN Activation Code?
When you want to become a member of the STEPN application, it asks you for an activation code. Thanks to this code, STEPN can keep the system membership within a certain limit and take it under control. By the way, each of these activation codes can only be used for one person.
How and Where to Get STEPN Activation Code?
If you need the STEPN activation code, there are two methods for it. The first method is the codes generated at a certain limit on a daily basis via STEPN’s own system. The codes in the system are generated within a certain limit and are updated every day at 13:00 UTC. Click here to get an activation code through STEPN’s own system.
The second method is the codes shared by other users via STEPN’s Telegram and Discord pages. If you follow these Telegram and Discord channels, you can see that many users share activation codes to other users.
Official and Followable Accounts of STEPN
STEPN Official Website
STEPN (GMT) CoinMarketCap
STEPN (GMT) CoinGecko
STEPN (GST) CoinMarketCap